Awesome Book! love the step by step + looks amazing on the Kindle

When I noticed that i could buy the full kindle version now, before it's hit stores i jumped right on this, i've been reading Kelby's Blog + watching "The Grid" video podcast that he does and been looking forward to this book, i couldn't make it to the tour he just did so the book is a nice substitute.

I've always enjoyed his writing style, and he answers alot of questions I've had as a semi-pro newbie is a way that i can understand; and i must say that on my PC Monitor it's formatted perfectly, i can scroll from shot to shoot and see how it evolves step by step; i think i may prefer this over having a hardcopy.

I'd strongly recommend this to someone like me trying to figure out the best way to use your lights to create stunning images; also the procedure to really make them "pop" in your photoshop post production.

I like the detail about each shoot so you can really see what is going on; and the contact sheets were a great idea.

EDIT: the kindle version is slightly annoying b/c of the size of the images, you can't really zoom in and see them in great detail , as the other reviewer pointed out this is a bit disappointing.. particularly since the kindle edition is more expensive than the book, the content it still excellent but i did find i wanted to zoom in close than I could.

0 comments:

Post a Comment